Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rough Days

These two weeks have been rough.
I'm so grumpy all the time. I'm trying to get this stuff together for 48 hour. I need to get on it harder we are having a meeting on Saturday. My school has changed everything up. They are building an English Lab which will be great. I'm sure my office will change then. They hired two new teachers. I worked with one for the first time today. The discipline is gone when new teachers walk in the room. They changed the work schedule to accommodate the new teachers. Now, one may quit b/c she doesn't know how to teach kids. She taught adults before. My computer power cord has been acting funny for months I caved in and bought a Korean one. My external hard drive that has been giving me trouble since I got is now not coming on. Let's not talk about all the stuff that is only on it pictures, footage = ( I'm just gonna buy a new cute one like I wanted was trying to be cheap.

My laptop is still not working with the school TV's so I am having to wing some classes. Yea I know you shouldn't need technology to teach but it sure helps shut them up. I broke my toilet seat so I bought a new one. I should have thought of that sooner b/c a brand new one feels great (I got a soft one that only my butt has touched). I found this cute coffeeshop with a back room that is perfect for long hours of editing or writing. I spoke with the editor for my short and I don't know what to think anymore so I started editing it myself. Half the film is on that External though.

In better news a play I wrote will be performed next month during this foreign theater groups big event. I will also be directing a play be it mine or one that belongs to someone else, during the event. I may have mentioned it before but the big meeting is also this Saturday. Send some good vibes my way everybody. Send em on!

6 comments:

  1. Breathe, relax and know that the rough day will pass and everything will be ok. Thats good that your play will be performed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the play. That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys will let you know how the play goes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your shitty week but I hope the play goes well! I'll pray for you about the external hard drive. I had one crash with a film I was working on and it was DEVASTATING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best with the play!

    Wow, sorry about the bad week. I had trouble with my lap top. It wouldn't come on even though it had power. So I went online to HP's site and pinpointed the trouble, even though they buried the helpful info. in the middle of a lot of bull.

    Result, I followed instructions and took the memory module out, even though I didn't believe that was the problem, but after I put it back in, voila my computer is humming along almost like new!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's dope about the play. I can't wait to hear about it. I hope the meeting goes well today too. It should be good though, to collaborate and get those creative ideas flowing. I have a love/hate relationship with technology so I feel you.

    ReplyDelete