Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tropic Thunder-review

Ok Ok I only watched this movie b/c my new crush Brandon T. Jackson is in it. I was also hoping for some comedic relief. I rented it from the video store but it wouldn't play on my computer. I went by my friend's house on Thursday for movie night and this was the film they were watching when I walked in. (Perfect!!!) This was a classic movie within a movie. The story is about an odd group of actors who come together to be part of a film. Due to a crazy director they end up actually living out the scenes of the film. Tom Cruise impressed me. The rest of the acting was good. The film is full of some good laughs. I wouldn't say it is hilarious but it made me laugh enough times. Medium star - worth the watch.







p.s. I'm gonna ignore the black face thing and Tom Cruise listening to rap music b/c white people dancing to Hip Hop is so funny. Right?

5 comments:

  1. hiya! i think it was Robert Downey Jr, not Tom Cruise in the movie! Good review though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both of them are in it. thanks for stopping by and the compliment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Robert was the only thing I found funny about this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really my favorite line was "you should have won oscar"

    i didn't find much of the film to be funny. just different lines. robert in blackface was disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, you have a crush on Brandon T. Jackson? When did THAT start?

    ReplyDelete