Monday, November 23, 2009

B-girl movie -review



B-girl- a movie about a b-girl from New York who moves to Los Angeles after an incident with her ex-boyfriend. Then it becomes Save the Last Dance with break dancing. Wesley Jonathan plays the part of the black boyfriend. I was hoping to at least see some cool dance moves. This film was just following the formula and keeping it corny. BE B-GIRL BE! I have a script like this in my collection and I refuse to share it with people now. The love of the craft didn't translate into a good film.

2 comments:

  1. There is a great break dancing movie coming out called B-Girl, with New York and Texas screenings- the movie looks really sweet. The facebook page has some more info! http://www.facebook.com/bgirlmovie?v=app_2344061033

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I had somewhat low expectations, but even those were not met by this movie.

    Check my quick review at http://www.rikomatic.com/blog/2010/01/bgirl-the-movie-a-for-effort-c-for-execution.html

    ReplyDelete