Sunday, December 27, 2009

Avatar-review

Avatar- I got up early Saturday and headed to Seoul just to see this film. I got a ticket for the IMAX 3-D show at 12:30. I ran into one of my co-workers and her boyfriend used his point-card to get me free movie snacks. (smile) Well, this was the most painful movie going experience I have ever had. I think I was too close (better yet I know I was too close). I was in the 3rd row b/c the theater was packed. My eyes hurt so bad. Afterward, it took a few hours for my vision to return to normal. I felt the film was a bit boring. I was not moved and I think this is all b/c I sat too close and saw it in 3-D. I did watch it through my black people lenses and I couldn't help but think about the evil non-native man coming taking over land and killing off the natives. I compare this film to the Last Samurai. I just want to know why can't the natives rise up and fight and stand up for themselves without the help of some strong foreign white male hero that survives while many of them die? This has nothing to do with the look of the film which I really can't judge b/c like I told you before my eyes went crossed. It looked cool but I'm also not a sci-fi lover. I can't even rate the movie. If you see it in 3-D, get good seats.


8 comments:

  1. "I just want to know why can't the natives rise up and fight and stand up for themselves without the help of some strong foreign white male hero that survives while many of them die?"

    EXACTLY! This was the discussion my friend and I were having! It's just so annoying to me HOW many movies there are exactly like this. So frickin irritating. Glad I wasn't the only one who wasn't WOWED by Avatar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea for real we are on the same page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I haven't seen it yet because here it arrives on 1st January. I think it's just an entertaining movie, that's all but to see on cinemas otherwise would be really boring I suppose.
    Happy New Year all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as white males are making the movies it's going to be all about them, cant fault them for that, cause you better believe if I was making it, it would be all about the brothas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I actually enjoyed the movie. I felt it was pretty action packed. Anyway, check out MY blog...Peak Energy... and leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for reading folks
    @happy i know that is true

    happy new year pabela and everyone else

    tom i will check out your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks a lot. I really appreciate it. I didnt mean to be rude or anyhing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no you didn't at all. maybe i came off defensive. lol

    ReplyDelete