Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blackout- Review


Do you remember that film Blackout that came on BET a few years ago, about the famous blackout in New York? I picked this as the fifth choice in my friend's five for ten dvd deal. (wink wink) The film stars Jeffrey Wright, Zoe Saldana, Prodigy, and more. I picked the above still b/c this was one of the most interesting moments in the film. Jeffrey Wright in a gangster type confrontation. The start of the film has a slow pace and a lack of cool but once the blackout happens the film get's better. It is def. not a great film but it isn't half-bad. There is one emotional scene that got me. I just felt the pain of a young black man. Maybe you will know what I'm talking about. There is a lot of dialogue that almost makes it feel like Do the Right Thing or a play. I'm gonna give it a small star for just okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment