Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Will Follow- review


I got a chance to go to the movies for the first time in 6 months. Yay me!

Gosh, I just read the review for this film over at Popcorn Reel (from where I got the picture) and I think that's a hard review to follow. The picture above would of also been good for the poster. The actual poster makes you think it is a love story b/w Salli Richardson-Whitfield and Omari Hardwick. It is a love story but not the one you think it is.  It is the story of a young woman in need of healing that has several people come into her life to help her move on.  The more I think about the film the more I like it. I think it is a good story. I didn't love it but I would recommend it. I wasn't moved and I guess that's b/c I can't relate to all of it.  I enjoyed it far more than many of the other "Black Films" I have seen in the past year.   I like the AFFRM movement and I will support it. You can watch the trailer which I posted a few days ago.

3 1/2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment