Friday, April 15, 2011

Night Catches Us-review


My synop. of the film would be two former Black Panthers reconnect. One was forced to flee during those revolutionary times and returns to the old neighborhood. This felt more like an episode of a TV show than a film. That being said the acting was really good. I was impressed with Blackthought's (The Roots) performance the most. Jamie Hector (The Wire) was pretty good too. I'd like to see him more. I feel like the point of the film wasn't recognizable until a line was said at the end. The love story was a bit confusing but maybe I need another watch.  The film had a nice feel to it. I think if they stretched it two hours by slowing it down a little bit and giving you more of the back-story it would of been a better film.
Three 1/2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment