Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Good Deeds-review


Sigh! I really didn't have any hopes for this one. I saw it and yearned for it to be over. People say this is his best film yet but I think they say that after each new movie he has.

The film is about Wesley Deeds a man living his life for others but meets a woman with a young child that makes him turn his life around. Goes to show what one good deed can do for your life. I had a hard time believing Thandie Newton. The film was just predictable and flat. I even started saying to myself what's up with this scene that couldn't really happen or they don't do that.  There was one scene that made me cry but as a mom I could relate. It wasn't funny and it wasn't moving. He "usually" hits one of those. 1 star

2 comments:

  1. I used to be a big fan of Perry but his movies are now too one dimensional for my liking. As for Thandie Newton, I don't know why she always plays these roles that don't bring out her acting range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I'm not sure of Thandie's range. I think only certain roles will make her shine and that will only happen only once in awhile. If I make sense shes never gonna be compelling in every film. Tyler Perry just needs to take off one hat or two. He needs to do what he is good at and find someone to compensate for where he is not so good.

    ReplyDelete