Monday, April 16, 2012

A Thousand Words-review


I swore I put up my review for this one.
I took my son with me to see this movie. We almost got through the whole film but I ran out of cookies and he got fussy in the last 15 minutes. He slept during the first half.

Anyways, the film is about Jack played by Eddie Murphy who after tricking a guru has his life reflected through a tree that grows in his back yard. Now he and the tree are one and anything that happens to the tree happens to him along with if he speaks the tree loses leaves. If the tree loses all it's leaves it will die. His discovery of this leaves him with a thousand words.

I get excited about Eddie Murphy films with the potential to make me laugh. This wasn't a very funny film. Watching the first part of it I kept thinking this was a bad movie selection. As it went on it got better and turned out to be a heartwarming flick.

2 comments:

  1. This wasn’t a funny film, that’s amazing. I know a few of my Dish cow-workers have watched this movie and even laughed quite a bit. I like Eddie Murphy and I can't wait till I get the DVD in the mail from Blockbuster @Home. I'll let you know what I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def. let me know what you think. The movie was kind of funny but not like Beverly Hills Cop.

    ReplyDelete