Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Gravity-review


My friend bragged about his experience watching this film on an IMAX screen. I'm certain that was the best way to watch the film even though I only watched it on DVD which I picked up at the library.

The story is about Dr. Ryan Stone(Sandra Bullock)  lost in space after a crash leaves her to find a way home.

A lot of the film is like the image above a whole lot of Sandra Bullock flying and spinning in space enough to make you dizzy. Someone said it's like Cast Away in space. However, Cast Away has more back story to the film for you to cheer on the main character (like him having a wife). Gravity makes you invest based on the idea that if you were in the characters shoes( in such an unknown place to most of us) how scared and hopeless would you feel. Cast Away was at least humorous. I actually enjoyed this film and can see why it won best picture. Simple scenes, great effects, great cinematography, to tell a heroic story. I'm going to give it 4 1/2 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment