Monday, May 12, 2014

The Amazing Spiderman 2- review

Electro in the house....
I haven't watched the first one or any of the prior films but I thought this might be a fun family movie after watching a few clips. I know I lack a little logic in there. The best part of the film was that song Gone, Gone, Gone. I don't know where to begin. I know a brief synopsis courtesy of imdb.

"Peter Parker runs the gauntlet as the mysterious company Oscorp sends up a slew of supervillains against him, impacting on his life." -imdb

Hmm that's not so great. Here's mine Spiderman graduates high school with his love Gwen. They break-up because he is afraid he will get her hurt one day. He fights villains and reconnects with his friend that is now dying.

The acting was so-so. I just wasn't into the script. It was a love story when all I wanted to see was a good action film. I liked Jamie  Fox as Electro once he became Electro before that his acting is over the top.  I just wasn't invested in the characters(having not watched the earlier film or reading the comic). I totally couldn't invest in the action and battle scene that was all of 15 minutes after I sat through 2 hours of not really build up but references to the villain that exists. It just wasn't that great.
Two stars from me....

2 comments:

  1. This new one is cringeworthy, but the previous film, The Amazing Spider-Man was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review it makes me eager to watch this movie

    ReplyDelete