Friday, May 13, 2016

The Jungle Book- review


'The Jungle Book' - can't say I was a big fan of the original film. This one unlike most other Disney films wasn't a love story and being a little girl wishing to be a princess I had little interest in a story about a half-naked boy.

    Back to the review.....This film is for kids so I guess my opinion doesn't matter. I was bored most of the film until Mowgli met Baloo. Baloo played by Bill Murray was the highlight if the film.  Also, I really enjoyed the high intensity last 25 minutes or so of the film. I was concerned after reading reviews that this film isn't for kids that my little one would not enjoy it. I can say that this movie is totally for kids and that yeah a really sensitive kid might get emotional during it but other than that I wouldn't worry. Great voice over work and amazing CGI along with animatronics. I would think this would have been better in 3-d I just prefer to not watch 3-d movies. You def. want to see this on the big screen. Oh yea, why was I bored? The pace was really slow and it was like I was just waiting for some action.  I think kids will love it so for that I will give it 4 stars.



One last thing, not to make this racial but it's great to see a huge box office success with a non-white kid lead and for that much a kids film that can be hugely successful without having a lead character that's an animal either. 

2 comments:

  1. This film was a visual marvel.

    Nice review.

    - Zach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zach! I just started following your blog.

      Delete