Saturday, June 04, 2016

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows


        I have to put some spoilers in here. Let me first say, that my son is a huge Ninja Turtles fan so there was no way he was going to let this one go. Seeing, the posters on city the buses and the billboards didn't help either.  The film has an almost two hour running time (it is an hour and 52 minutes to be exact). 
       The best part of the film to me is that the boys are really likable. They each have their own unique personalities making for good laughs. 
      The big disappoint (and a spoiler) for me was that the whole movie is about Shredder being this dangerous bad guy. I was expecting a big battle with Shredder but in the end this did not happen. Instead, Shredder was easily tricked and defeated by another nemesis Krang. So, Turtles end up battling Krang to save the city. 
       I question why they made this PG-13. They really could have left the swear words out and the close ups on Meghan Fox. The violence or fighting is minimal and this is more about brotherhood than anything else. I think if I were a little boy I would have loved this film. As an adult, I felt the action is mild to moderate and the humans in the film are forgettable. I'll give it 3 stars for being a good kids film especially one that doesn't have a girl centered theme. I'm not saying girls won't enjoy this, I'm saying that it was nice to not see pink everywhere and soft fluffy animals for a change.


1 comment:

  1. When I saw the trailer of this movie I didn't like it at all, but when I saw the movie I ended up indeed liking it. It's very funny and I had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete