Thursday, December 22, 2016

Collateral Beauty- review

With such great reviews I almost skipped this film but as a big Will Smith fan well you know.

Collateral Beauty - is about a man who loses his child and is having a hard time coping. Okay wait I can't spoil it here okay so he writes letters to death, time, and love who later visit him in human form. His co-workers/friends want him to get out of his disconnected state and help them keep a work deal that will make them money.

It is cheesy but all feel good movies are. I know I've said this before but I love feel good movies and I liked this one. I cried at the end and feel that this was a good role for Will Smith. It reminded me of his Fresh Prince days. I don't think this was meant to be a serious film come on people. I laughed more than I cried and I'm glad there was a spin on it. It wasn't too campy trying to be super serious like the film "It's a Wonderful Life" (a film I have never watched all the way through). I enjoyed this more than "Miracles from Heaven" and the last X-men film so that's to say it wasn't the worst movie of the year or Will's career.

My gripes: I didn't like some of the acting and some of the dialogue. I wanted to yell at the screen saying if one more person crosses the street almost getting hit by a car I'm going to scream. I think the film could have been better because it has a good story and a good message. With such a sad premise could have been horribly sad or if they added too much humor we would have thought this shouldn't be a funny movie so they rode in the middle. I know a good movie to compare it to "Reign over me", that was a great film and in comparison that story let it be without giving it in your face sappy dialogue. Last thing, I don't like the title of the film it feels like it's trying to be deeper than it is.

I think if you've been waiting to go see it, then go see it and judge for yourself.  I liked it so there's one vote for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment