Saturday, January 07, 2017

Shout out to "The Get Down"


I should write some reviews and post my Oscars predictions soon but I wanted to take this time to give the of "The Get Down" a great big thank you for letting the kids be kids. In a world of films and a real world where teens are sexualized, promiscuous, and violent I want to thank you for allowing innocent kids to tell your story. Not once did these teenagers (the leads) steal, sell drugs, have sex, or do something overly violent. Although,  all of this stuff existed around them thank you for sparing me close-ups on young ladies body parts and reminding us that there are still some innocent kids left.

I had to say this after watching  one too many films that have pushed the limits.
#Waiting for Season 2......

No comments:

Post a Comment